re: bute after a ride

Lauren,
You state yourself that bute can mask injury. Once you have
vetted through the final check it is legal, but before you
decide to start using it consider. Do you want to risk masking
a slight problem from yourself?  I prefer to know if my horse
is a little sore the next day so I know that I need to have
a longer lay-off before the next ride and condition harder.
The one person whom I know that uses bute regulary after a
ride makes other mistakes as well and does not keep horses
sound for very many years.

Teresa
P.S.  Grey's preferred method to keep from getting tight or
sore overnight is to wake me up in the middle of the night
to walk him around for 30 minutes or so.