my jacket

To all of you who have sent notes expressing pleasure (and shock) that
I'm getting a jacket this year.  Thank you. :-)

The reason that I "got a call" was that they needed to know what size.
Since I'd never been listed in the points standings, I had no idea I was
in the running.  I actually looked up Mike Maul's points page to see if
it had been a prank.

I apparently staged a strong "stretch finish" and came from behind in my
last race.  I actually almost blew it when I let Obsession's rider (I
always remember the HORSE'S name) cross ahead of me at Long Leaf.  We had
discussed who should cross first, she was in a tight points race and I
said, "Oh no, I'm not in the running for anything!" :-)  I think I made
it in by the skin of my teeth.  If I'd had any idea you'd have seen a
couple of idiots trying to get their horses to outwalk each other in
Mississippi at midnight. :-)

About this year..I probably won't give an inch if it's for last place.
Now that I realize one point could make the difference. >eg<

By the way, that "Razifa" mare must have gotten her class from her
sire...since he's in Kaboot's pedigree. :-)

Angie & Kaboot, 6th lightweight, SE region

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]