Re: Sierra Club

_________----------------_________

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:43:21 -0700 Nat & Richard <trailride@foothill.net>
writes:
>For the record, regarding cleanup following this year's Tevis Ride, if
>there were
>any messes after the dust settled, they were all scrupulously picked
>up by the
>small army of volunteers at each location along the route.

Oh absolutely. I think I noted that in my message of a couple of days
ago. It's just my opinion that a volunteer shouldn't have to pick up
anything that anybody else left behind. And I didn't notice any messes
anyplace other then Robinson Flat. Well, except for a lady leading her
horse down the concrete walkway from the barn office into the fairground
arena. Just in front of the public restrooms. Maybe the horse figured
that was the proper place. :) She let her horse stop to poop and just
walked away after she was finished. It was only a couple of hundred feet
from the food tent.  Flies food, yummy. An hour later is was still there
so I kicked it off to the side. Maybe a benign substance for the most
part, but bad form to leave it in the middle of a public walkway. Again
just my opinion.

Here's to the volunteer staff as well as the TevSweep riders.

carrie in Las Vegas

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]