Thanks for the advice...

...about my spooky Arab.  As usual, RideCampers came to the rescue.  A
few said to sell the horse.  Some told me of their accidents in this
situation.  The others told me of their similar experiences and their
solutions.  Some were more wet saddle blankets (yes, that is my plan
also).  One said to try cutting horse training.  Believe it or not, I've
even thought of that because he ACTS like a cutting horse when he does
that.  But I DON'T WANT a cutting horse!  However, the training might be
helpful to de-spook him.  One suggested carrying a long whip to distract
him - make him look at the whip and not the surroundings.  One said not
to punish him for spooking (I don't; I try to encourage him to pass
spooky places with a reassuring voice, leg and rein contact).  Most did
respond that it is well worth it to work with the horse and keep him.
That's my goal, too.  Some said those horses ended up making them their
best horse (eventually).

I'm in the process of printing out all the replies so that I can study
them.

My trainer will ride the horse next.  I have already done the cans in
the black bag on his feeder and the tires in his stall.  He snorted some
over the bag but did eat.  When he saw the tires in his stall, he turned
toward the gate and gave that snorty, bleating horse noise of complaint,
then walked over and ate!  I'm going back to the chiropractor this
morning and will see when he says I can ride again.  I'm hoping to ride
tomorrow, but I'll ride my other horse.  He only jumps sideways if he
spooks, and I can ride that!

Thanks again everybody.  I'll work with him and try to give a progress
report in a month or two.

Amber