Re: Mules in endurance

You bet it is possible to ride a mule in endurance.  I road a mule for
several years and she was just wonderful.  My mule was sure footed, had
a wonderful trot and didn't spook at anything.  She has a hart as big as
she is 16hh 1000lbs.  she evan has withers.  I did stop enduranceing her
when she pulled the same suspensary two years in a row.  Calamity is 18
years old now and still a wonderful animal.  She can sit in the pasture
for a year and I can catch her and go for a ride with no problem, no
shoes needed.  As a matter of fact when ever I go into the pasture she
just knows I am there to see just her, I couldn't possibly want one of
those short eared arabs.  I'm sure if I let her she would come right
into the house and make herself at home.  The only good advise I can
give you about a mule is let the mule think it is his idea to do it,
(what ever it is)!

Corky Young
Proud owner of Calmity the appaloosa mule