Re: Cosequin 1 2 3

Well I was there  and was part of the whole super event.

I concur with the ghost writters comments.

Rita and Cass will be the next super stars --if he stays sound.
Rita indicated to ME she tried to pass a few times but could not.. CASH
just puts on a burst of speed to ward off the challanges.
When he is on he  is ON..

Home turf?  in the 5 or 6 years I have been 'privledged' to crew for him
and the girls.. set aside working for Larry.. i do this for the horses
and Val and Danielle--

Cash has been on the mark at all the races except for 2 that I am aware
of.
ROC last year.. when another 'rising star' shut him down.. He was not
right from the start.. but that was just from this outsiders view.. and
He may have \been managed --lets see the right word  here..
'differently'

and this year at Biltmore 100.. 2nd and a bit used up.

ALL the other times on other then home turf --he was not challanged.
--so the home truf thing is bunk.

Rita had alot of daylite to make her move anytime ..
it was a fair race.
and i would add again a very nerve racking one for us.. kept us working
all day at the vet checks.
We all know sometimes at this level the race is won at the VC.

CASH and JEDI  a super pair.. I hope to crew for them this Dec in Dubi

we will know today  right ?

WHILE on the subject again..
I VOTE for the HORSEMANSHIP AWARD of this race to Debbie Gordon.
She rode her tough mare Saizahra..NOT Redman.
I - as well as many others.. have been critical of Deb and her 'racing'
techniques. --and problems she has had. While I dont just make comments
in public I have 'talked' one on one with Debbie many times. I knew her
from her very first race at the OD 100 8th and without a crew ..the
beginning of the Big Red Machine.
I like others expected a flame out within the first 50 miles. When Deb
came in behind the girls at the 70 mile VC.. 30 to go.. I watched the
trot out. Looked very bad. I was surprised she got out. It looked like
the horse was done.
The girls left the VC at a gallop- Rita at a trot and Debbie at a WALK.
WOW?
I did not see her at the end of the 20 mile loop, since the girls had
come in and we were on our way out to the last VC.
So I THOUGHT that was the end for her.

I stayed up after the finish watched the top 3 do the BC thing.. and
started to go back to camp ,, when Deb came in trotting down the hill.
The mare looked GREAT ears up really moving on. Shyed from the finish
line 'stuff' and loped across the line ( I think ).
I watched her finish-- the horse was all back together. Just looked
great.
NOw 'normally' Deb would just push on to catch the fron runners..
NOT this time.. she did her horse very well- slowed down and finished
4th sound and fit.. and got some cash. too.
For those who dont know Ded does all this with a limited crew of one or
2 people. She does most of the horse care her-self.
She backed off the pace.. rode the horse within her limits..and finished
in good order.
A super job - Great Debbie -- just great.

Roger R (Rittenhouse)   full sig