Re: Proud Flesh

Proud Flesh can be the Horsemans nightmare if you don't start trating it
right away.  One of the previous posts Gave a very accurate description
of PF.  The idea is to keep the proud flesh at the skin level so the
healing process of the skin  can cover the abraision or wound area.  If
the wound is concave, you want the granlation tissue to fill in the area
(which requires ointment and wrapping until t fills in)  Then, I've
always used plain old baking soda to keep the PF under control and start
the scab.  Then it just takes time and constant care to heal up.  We are
going to use panalog once the scab starts arounf the edges of the skin.
Some friends had good sucess with the panalog on serious high tinsel
wire injury that had PF.  Panalog is us frequently with small animal
vets for use on skin and wound problems.  Has anyone else used panalog?

Joe & Steph

Chow!