Re: over-reaching

My farrier tells me that if you lengthen the back of the front shoes, the back
hoof will strike farther along the shoe instead of at the end of it where it
will catch and pull the shoe. Also lengthen the back of the rear shoe as it
will keep the hoof on the ground longer. I don't know if it would be a good
idea to lower the heels. Better to lengthen the shoe.

Donna in Altoona