old scars

The recent question on proud flesh and the great products which
seem to be out there have made me wonder if there is anything one
can do for ugly old scars. The scar I have in mind runs from near
the top of the cannon bone on a hind leg down to the fetlock, stops
for a bit and continues on down the pastern right to the coronary
band and hoof (There is even a permanent line from the coronary
band to mid-hoof). Looks like it was probably an encounter with
some kind of wire/fencing. It is over two years old and I have no
idea what type of treatment was used since this injury happened
before I got my horse, but it obviously didn't heal very nicely. Any
wonderful products in existence? I have heard of stuff for scars on
people, but not on horses...
Thanks,
Lysane and Buck