Re: VERY cold weather boots

I ride alot and exclusively in tennis shoes. I don't like boots, and my feet
get very cold even though I don't live where there is extreme winter weather.
The shoes I like the best for cold weather were called Snow Treads by LLBean.
They were not in the latest catalog I recieved, but they still carry them I
think. Fully lined with fur and thinsulate. Goretex uppers so they really were
waterproof and breathable. Felt like athletic shoes for general walking and
riding. Most endurance riders wear some sort of tennis shoe. You do not need
steel shanks in your shoes. If you are new to riding, you may should consider
some sort of heel on your shoes to keep your foot from slipping through the
stirrup, or get the covers for your stirrups, they help keep your foot from
sliding through and will help keep your feet warm. They are sold as Foot
Warmers or stirrup safety cages. My personal opinion is that leather is cold.
But my feet are always like ice cubes!

Leigh Preddy SE