Proud Flesh / Exuberant Granulation / Misc. Catch-Up Stuff

Hello RideCamp!

I'm Ba-a-a-a-a-ck!  Been lurking & watching the discussions on new
rule changes, Sierra Club, vandalism, anonymous posts, ride results,
and my new favorite topic:  EXUBERANT GRANULATION!!

I've seen this animal at work on other people's horses, and now I get
to deal with it in my own.  Minor type injury & Tez will be fine.

The point is (drum roll) my veterinarian has a secret recipe ointment
for treating proud flesh which I believe he helped to pioneer several
decades ago when he was doing an internship at a facility in Virginia.

Now that Tez's ankle injury is granulating over, it is time for me to
begin applying Tom's secret recipe ointment to the wound to prevent
proud flesh from getting a foot hold.  I have been told that this
particular concoction was tested and proved most efficacious in
preventing and treating P.F.

I begged him to give me the recipe.  I've begged him for the recipe
for a couple of years.  He won't budge.
Normally, he doles out his secret treatment in little bitty 3 ounce
containers.

However, since Tez and I are leaving the area, he relented and mixed
me up a HUGE 2 pound container of it to take with me.  Promised he'd
ship me more if I ever needed it.  I think he made me enough to cover
the entire horse!  To quote Lucy Chaplin Trumbull: "Eeuuuw!"

Anyway, I will let you all know how well it works on my horse's ankle
injury.  Maybe something to add to the list for future RideCamp
boo-boos.

Hey guys, wish me luck on the big move.  Plans are shaping up for
Syria VA (a/k/a/ Graves).  I gotta house key!  Now I have mountain
trails to ride, and an old farm house to mother, and a new community
to bond with (boy, are they in for a surprise!).

Does anybody have any suggestions on the best way to rig a chain saw
onto a dressage saddle (for carrying purposes)?  I understand that
this may be necessary in order for me to prevent some of the trails
from becoming too clogged during the winter.  And, I have to have a
purpose for forcing myself to ride up the mountains during January -
March.  Just Me & Jeremiah Johnson ("Pick Me, Bill Tyler!").

--Susie
Reilly O'Dog (He's down for HOW LONG???)
EA Tezzeray (Capable of Removing ANY Bandage Dr. Tom can build!)
Thomas(kat) (Largely Unaffected By Everything, at 13.5 Pounds)