Re: Environmentalists

Subj:	Re: Enviornmentalists
Date:	09/28/98
To:	LazyJArabs@aol.com

<< this is not environmentally sensitive. BCH leave no trace says put your
manure
 back in the trailer and take it with you. >>

Whether or not scattering hay and manure is environmentally sensitive depends
entirely on where you are.  In heavily used areas, this would be a problem.
In some of our areas with dusty volcanic pumice that are in great need of
biological components to build healthy soil, scattering hay and manure is
TREMENDOUSLY helpful.  The problem is the mindset (whether it is in the
bureaucracy or elsewhere) that somehow one centrally-generated set of rules
should apply to all situations.  What we need is to each have a better
understanding of how nature works so that we can individually decide which
action fits which circumstances.

Heidi