Re: Pulled rider but not horse

Teddy Lancaster wrote:

> NO, endurance means horse and rider as a TEAM....if one is pulled, so is
> the other.

Doric may have heard that the horse may continue with another rider in ECTRA
(CTR int he NE) where the horse will receive mileage credit.  I looked up
the AERC rules and it does not specifically state that the horse & rider
team must stay unchanged...  I'll quote the only part of the rules that seem
to apply:

6 Completion requires meeting all of the following criteria:

     a. All riders and mounts must be present and accounted for at the start
of the ride.
     b. Properly entered in the ride.
     c. Obeying all the rules.
     d. Following the prescribed course, and doing multiple loops in the
correct order.
     e. Passing all control points.
     f. Passing vet check requirements
     g. Finishing within the prescribed maximum tine.
     h. Not being disqualified.
     i. Meeting criteria at post-finish-line check.
     j. Meeting any other criteria prescribed by ride management

You'll notice that it does not say "a. All riders and mounts must be present
and accounted for at the start of the ride." AND at the finish.

Has anyone experienced this situation at a ride?  How did AERC view it?

Linda Flemmer