RE: proud flesh

Lori:

What exactly is "proud flesh"?  I have seen products refer to it, but I wouldn't know it if I saw it.  I used a product called WonderDust (Jeffers) on my horse, Spanky, when he fell in order to dry up the wounds he received a few weeks ago (After a very obedient lunging session, I turned him loose and let him goof off in the ring.  He learned the had way that you can't turn on a dime in a sandy ring the way you can in the pasture).  The labeling said that it was good for treating Proud Flesh.  I did not like to way it worked, though.  It almost seemed to burn Spanky's wounds.  I ended up hosing the wound sites and peeling off the huge scabs that formed (Spanky protested this vigorously).  I then applied Corona and now all is well.

Please respond with a description of Proud Flesh and forward along any other remedies you hear about.  I like to file that stuff away!

Thanks and Good Luck!

Kate Denisar (SE) and Spanky (Youch!  What the heck are you doin' back there?)