Cosequin

Dear "guest" (sorry, already deleted the post...then HAD to answer it)

Your argument doesn't wash.  I'm sorry, your rider came in THIRD, Cash &
Jedi were first and second...that's the way it goes.

Your argument that the ride was tailor made for their horses doesn't work
either.  Cash has won World Championships on a trail that went through
city streets & sand dunes of Holland, and through the plains of Kansas.
That's as far as you can get from the mountains of Virginia.  He's proven
he can win in a variety of terrain.  Jedi proved he wasn't just along for
the ride by winning BC.

If being on familiar trail was the reason they made time in the dark, it
would have helped your rider to have been with them when it got dark.  If
she wasn't with them at that point, that might have been a strategic
error.  Had she had to stay behind them to find the trail, then was beat
in a sprint to the finish, that argument would hold more water.

When I made my "lead balloon" comment, this is what I was talking about.
I figured some of these arguments might come up, doesn't mean I'm one of
them who believes it.  I don't begrudge you your loyalty to your rider.
Sounds like a great girl & horse.  Wish I could meet them, but I won't
deny the first 2 horses their wins...and I'll bet she wouldn't either.
Things like that are usually clearest to the competitors themselves.

I'm afraid there is no "neutral" ground.  Any course is going to be
somebody's home course.  For some reason, I never get ANY good out of
mine.  Kaboot thinks when we do the home course ride that this is the
longest blasted training ride he's ever been on and sulks the whole way.

Third is a tremendous accomplishment, and I know you're proud of your
friend, but remember, the riders you're alienating her from will possibly
be her teamates next year if she gets on the US team.  They don't need
comments like this between them.

Congratulations to everyone who finished.  Sounded like a tough course.
I'm glad I slept late that day.

Angie McGhee

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]