Bone Knit for broken bones

Help.... A friend of mine's horse has broken it's leg.  She can't bear to put
the horse down.  The vet has put the leg in a cast.  She seems to think one of
her friends told her about a product called Bone Knit, or Knit
Bone....something like that.  Has anyone heard of this product?  You all have
been a great source of info for me.  I hope ya'll can help my friend.  She
realizes that the horse will never be the same.  Like I said, she can't bear
to put it down.  Thanks in advance for your help.  Kaaren