Re: Saddle blanket/pad question

Bob & Amber Roberts wrote:

> Does anybody use the foam pad with wool top and rubberized bottom on
> endurance rides?

I haven't seen these yet.  Depending on what the rubberized bottom looked
like,  I might be concerned about rubbing until the horse was sweating
enough.  I might wet the horse's back down before tacking up?!  Where did
you see them?  I'm always interested in new ideas & products.

> Also, if the saddle fits well, would a navajo wool blanket alone be
> sufficient under the saddle?

It should be, as long as it doesn't wrinkle up.  My other requirement for a
pad is "easy to wash".  Dirty pads make for irritated skin.  Ask yourself
if the navajo wool blanket would hold up to LOTS of repeated washings.

Linda Flemmer