IRONHORSE

The Ironhorse ride was a huge success! Watch the Ironhorse website at
www.bowesnet.com/endurance in a week or so for the results and pictures.
Our LD junior division was won by a 7 year old girl on her teeny tiny 17
year old pony in 3 hours 49 minutes! Folks this is where it's at, let's not
discourage the families from our sport with extra fees.
As a ride manager I'm really glad the LD wasn't AERC sanctioned. It's not
ten dollars, it's 10 plus 1 plus three equals twenty one Canadian dollars.
And please... think about this... the costs of putting on the Ironhorse
wouldn't have been any less had the LDs not been present. I seriously
wonder how many rides that are already struggling to make ends meet are
going to fold when the LD dries up? Most of the LD riders at ironhorse were
families. At an extra $21 Cdn for each family member I think we can kiss
our juniors goodbye.
Juanita