Re: LD Rules

In a message dated 98-09-22 11:36:28 EDT, Hall@cc.denison.edu writes:

<< Everytime I'm ready to send in my dues and join AERC one of these LD
 Discussions comes up, and I feel, well, unwelcome.  What if I never do get
 To ride a 50?  If I'm LD forever?  How am I viewed?   Please read on:

You are viewed with welcome and open arms.  Those of us who are leery of some
of the changes in LD status simply want to keep LD in perspective--a great
opportunity for novices to get started and for those with other limitations
(be they personal, equine, or choice) to come enjoy the sport without doing a
full-fledged endurance ride of 50 miles and more.