Drinking

Great write up, Tina. Glad you had fun. Good for Lyn!
(I bet Mouse is fatter than Savannah, though).

Tina writes:
> I go back out - Tony is passing up most water much to my
> chagrin :(
> ...We come to a stream and he goes in and almost
> drinks it dry - Hallelujah I think to myself - I sponge him
> and come out of there with a different horse almost
> immediately it seems....next puddle slurp, slurp - okay,
> we're in business now!!

I was thinking about this. I never used to drink much. I'd
go all day and not drink and not really even feel thirsty,
and then, once I started to drink (usually in the evening),
I'd just drink and drink and drink and drink and not be able
to stop.

It's almost like my "drink mechanism" had to be jump started.

(now I ride with a Camelbak and consume vaste quantities of
water as I go along, so that problem's solved).

I wondered if there was some way to "jump start" the "drink
idea" in a horse. D'you think syringing water into it, like
when electrolyting, would give it a prompt?

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo