Re: slant load

YES!!!
Just look at the dings and dents on the front of vehicle or trailer to
understand what kind of debris are flung up off the road.  Even insects can
hit a horse hard enough to hurt.  I had a dog almost lose the sight in an eye
sticking his head out the window.  It is not "calming" to the horse to be able
to see where it's going and if your worried about better ventilation then get
bars/screen or whatever installed so the horse can't stick it's head out.
Other hazards are wide loads coming in the other direction or hiway
construction signs.

Just heard a story about someone's dog being killed by construction sign
hitting it in the head.  I am SURE that it is hazardous and there aren't any
compelling reasons to let a horse stick it's head out of a moving trailer.