Norco 50

From: Karen Sweaney
Email: sweaney@lightspeed.net

This is a little late - the Norco Riverdance ride was several weeks ago.  A friend urged me to send this in:

My impression of the Norco Riverdance 50

Well, "I didn't finish my fifty.
You may ask, "Why not?"
The answer is, "It was hot!"

I tried real hard to do my part,
But it would seem, I'm not real smart!

The hill was large, "I'm tough!" thought I.
We got to the top and I wanted to die!

It's not too far, just three more miles.
We traveled on, grim faces, no smiles!

There's the vet check just ahead,
I wasn't sure though, I thought I was dead.

They gave me some water and a yucky "bar."
I said, "I'll make it.  It's not that far!"

They helped me get back on and wet my scarf.
When no one was looking, I leaned over to barf.

Sas kept on trotting as strong as could be.
I kept on moaning, "Give me an I.V."

For seven more miles I puked over the side.
I was sure I could do it - it's an endurance ride!

But alas, I collapsed to the ground at mile 20.
I'd thrown up a lot and figured, "I'd done plenty!"

Two trucks came and carried us away.
They cared for my horse and me all day.

There's a lesson for me to learn of course,
When the hill's real big - STAY ON THE HORSE!

Karen Sweaney & Sassy
September 7,1998