Young Horses

Hi to all (yet again)
Suddenly discovered that I have not halter trainned my almost two year old
horses.Where does time go to??
Have a buyer flying in tommorow,who just happens to be interested in some
of the young stock I have.
Sooooo guess what I did today,I brought them  in about 5 of
them.Delightfull creatures that they are.
Walked up to the first colt Tewe.put a halter on him ,with no problems at
all.Trust that is what this is all about.He is a gorgeous half
Arab/Appalooosa cross huge as well,should make 16 hands or more when fully
grown.As I did the singsong thing to him,he was groommed for the first time
in his life,he loved it!Tied him to a pole and got going,picking up his
feet,yet again no problems,did not attempt to kick even once.
I spend most of my time around my young horses,they come to me cos they
want not because one has a bucket of feed with.
Tewe was so well behaved I actually dread the idea of actually parting with
him.Then I got hold of Yazzoo also half Arab/Appaloosa cross,he was as good
as gold,perhaps they know I wont hurt them,he is leaving soon to go to a
young child,he has the perfect temprement,stable sort of animal,no vices
either.
Then I got hold of a young colt who injured a tendon as a yearling,he was
also just as good.He had been handled alot as a youngster.This is what
makes it all so worthwhile for one.
Will work with the two Arab fillies tommorow,saved the best for last me
thinks.
In future I do intend to work all my foals shortly after they are
born,imprint them that is.
Anyway thought this would just make a change from the current topics.
Keep well and all of you have a great weekend
Regards
kathy having fun with some of her youngsters
http://196.7.177.40/aht/
Ps still singing away at them