Fwd: LD Rule change--

In a message dated 98-09-17 11:59:03 EDT, cancer@inet1.inetworld.net writes:

<< From my perspective as a ride manager, this would be a nightmare.
 Unless you had a vet stop at all those places that a rider was going to
 quit, how would the ride manager know who how many riders were on the
 course? would trailers be required to get all these riders back to camp
 who didn't want to go further?  I feel a rider needs to set a goal for
 that day and attempt to achieve it.  If the course is set up so that the
 rider could do an additional loop then that could work, but just
 stopping whenever the rider had enough would cause it's own set of
 problems.

 Terry Woolley Howe
 San Diego >>

I understand your point and will withdraw the comment. I've never been a RM
and didn't think it through from that point of view.
Sorry Leigh SE

---- Begin included message ----
Leigh331@aol.com wrote:

> Very well put comment: though I agree with most of it, I still think Heidi's
> idea of all rides less than 50 miles being sanctioned and allowing
"elevator"
> type rules when it comes to LD and pleasure rides. Ex: all LD riders pay the
> 25-30 mile distance entry fee. They can stop at 10, or 15, or 20, or go the
> whole distance.

From my perspective as a ride manager, this would be a nightmare.

---- End included message ----