tilting trailers

I told someone out there in ridecamp land that I would let them know the
results of my journery into trailer leveling land. But I have lost names and
addresses and others of you may be interested anyway.
The attempt to raise the rear level with the front with 16" trailer wheels and
tires was unsuccessful. It did raise the back substantially  but also raised
the front and we were still 2" off. Not good enough for all the money! So, I
had the axles "shimmed" up 6". that did it, for the same price as tires and
wheels. And it looks sturdier than ever. BTW, this is an aluminum (Hart)
trailer with aluminum underneath. I had been told you couldn't do this with
aluminum underneath but that was not the case. I did not have to replace the
axles as had been suggested but was able to bolster them instead. (not sure if
that is correct term for what was done). Now the horses have to step up
another 6" but hopefully they are athletic enough to handle it! But now they
would like me to get them a ramp.......Where does it end?

Donna in Altoona

p.s. Steph! I haven't been able to download digest lately. Is this my
computor? I get blanks or xxxxxx's.  Help!