Re: how to make rides more rider friendly? <<<<<<

> 3. Somehow identifying first time riders so ride personnel
>  can be sure to offer assistance or help with making sure
>  they know cut-off times, etc....Perhaps just a mark under
>  the number on the horse's rear end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At our Lake Louisa 25 (CTR) we have green tail ribbons for green horses &/or
riders.  Riders can choose to use the ribbon or not.  They are to identify
those new to the sport.  So if you see someone with a green ribbon on who
looks particularly confused RM or a fellow competitor can offer to help.  We
can also offer this horse/rider some extra trail courtesy because these first
few rides can be a bit confusing.

Obviously, we would be courteous and helpful to all the riders.  But if we
know someone is new it is helpful for both the newbie and the one offering
assistance.

~Nora K. Mask
  Lake Louisa 25 Ride Secretary

p.s.  You can email me for more info on the Lake Louisa 25 (Oct 3-4).  Central
Florida.