Re: LD Ride fees / AERC membership/ Ride cancellations

In a message dated 9/15/98 9:06:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
grs@TheNetEffect.com writes:

<< I joined AERC because I want to support the sport and have my say in how
 things happen.  IMO only members have the right to complain about what's
 broken, just as only voters have the right to complain about who is
 elected.  If you don't join, don't vote, you opted out of the system and
 have no foundation upon which to complain that you don't like the system.

 So, if you aren't in favor of the proposed new rule changes, then by
 golly, join the AERC REALLY QUICK! so you can vote against them.  Go here
 http://www.aerc.org/ and you can join online using your MC or VISA -- so
 you can start complaining right away! >>

Glenda, thank you so very much for such a well-put statement.  I have heard
complaints about AERC and THE BOARD for so many years; I have occasionally
said, "if you don't like the way the board does things, run for office and
help change things".  Answer: "I don't want to get involved in POLITICS".
Sorry, folks, but can you imagine a society where there are no rules?  And
politics is part of helping run society with the sets of rules we have devised
to keep things running fairly.  We on the board work very hard to try keeping
things running smoothly.  We aren't perfect, no one is, but we try very hard
to do what's fairest for the majority.  I challenge anyone to sit in on two
full days of board meetings and assess our efforts to achieve just that.  Most
people say they'd rather be riding.  Granted, but "it's a tough job, and
someone has to do it!"

BMc