Re: LD fee--Check the math!

From a ride managers standpoint only!
I had 38 LD riders last month - along with 23 50 milers.  That meant 61 riders
were trying to check in - most in a very short time frame.  The ride fees are,
of course, different for the different mileages and then you have a discount
for juniors, and a discount for AERC members (I add the $10 and then disount
it if you have a card) - and some ride managers have a discount for helmets.
Lots of figuring while horses and riders are milling around.  I wish (and
pray) that I had more volunteers - unfortunately most of the people I know
want to ride so I am very shortstaffed for paper work help.  It probably seems
like one more fee wouldn't be a big deal - but it really is.  Everything you
add to the paperwork takes time and with everything else going on - vetting in
and setting up camps and questions about everything - we really don't need
more work.
Putting on a ride is lots of fun - and lots of work - before, during and
after.  Let's keep it simple (ha!)
Thanks.
Margie Burton
Kansas