Re: CMK bloodlines/my red face

In a message dated 98-09-14 14:06:42 EDT, dcarlson@theriver.com writes:

<< I think I better do some apologizing to breeders of CMK horses as my post
RE.
 bloodlines seemed to imply that the Egyptian sires *Zarife & *Nasr were other
 than CMK.  8(:-).  I can't believe I did that.  Yep, my face is red.....beet
 red.  Is that a case of not seeing the forest for the trees or what?????  The
 super old broodmatron Razifa was CMK breeding.  CMK is just about unbeatable
for
 endurance. >>

Actually, you were right both times.  Some of the early Egyptian imports (such
as the Babson horses behind Razifa) qualify as CMK horses as well as being
considered Egyptian.  But yes, we CMK breeders are just as proud of old
broodmatrons like Razifa as we are any other subset of CMK breeding that has
produced that well.

Heidi