Size 3 Easyboots

From: Emil Kucera
Email: kucera@kucera.mb.ca

=According to the manufacturer, a size
3 fits a hoof width of 5 1/4" to 5 3/4" =

If my experience with the size 3 is anything to go by, if your (horse's) hoof is _just_ 5 1/4" wide, DON't BUY #3, buy number two!
By the way, the sizes given in the ridecamp archives are way different from the manufacturers' - I think two sizes smaller? Is it a mistake or result of experience?? Unfortunately, I stumbled on the archives article after the fact.

Shemmek's hooves are 5 1/4 exactly; I had a pair of 3's ordered in, found them way too big.
Moved the strap forward to the second set of holes on both sides, cut down the strap (need to fit low heel). Still kind of big, and shipping sand, but stayed on -- for a quarter of a  mile. Then we tried a little lope - boot gone. Too late to exchange by now, besides they came special order and so on. And since his front feet even with shoes on are also 5 1/4 exactly, I got a set of expensive junk. Maybe with vetrap and foam...?  but I would still be suspicious.

Regards to all

Emil Kucera (regular lurker and subscriber to the digest, but having to post from work, different address. My personal e-mail is kucera@kucera.mb.ca )