Re: 1999 LD Rules

In a message dated 98-09-14 09:35:59 EDT, lindap@mail.sat.net writes:

<< We
 state on the brochure that you can enter the 25, do one loop and receive
 a "ride" completion, but if you feel that you can go further after
 passing your vet check, then by all means, go for the finish! It has
 pleasantly surprised innumerable riders that they and their horse can
 survive this distance. Invariably, we see them at other rides down the
 trails and most have joined AERC.  >>

And that is the order in which this sequence needs to happen.  Try an LD, find
out this is fun, get hooked, then join AERC.  That system is working here,
too.  The lady that won my 60-miler at Paulina on Saturday has worked her way
up through the ranks--this is her first win, I think.  She did her first LD at
the very same ride a few years ago with a friend, if I remember right, was
grossly overtime, we gave them T-shirts anyway, and she came back.

Heidi