Knee Surgery???

Who knows where the boundaries of this "chat room" is/are/should be, BUT
...... PLEASE YA'LL... I promised a friend today that I would ask you
folks what you would do if ....

She's a horse person in CA who was tromped on by her pony - her right leg
affected, therefore overstressing her left leg lately.  THEN, she does
what sounds like a horrendous left knee twist which led to a hospital
trip.  This person does lots to avoid doctors and traditional medicine,
but I think her daughter said HEY!  Then, an MRI pic was taken yesterday,
and THEN, today the doc sez mucho da torn ligaments around the L knee -
and immediate surgery is necessary or she'll be limping the rest of her
life.  (funny how they know the future for everyone isn't it?)  She says
she'll meditate on it, and drives off in her Volvo.  When last heard, she
was sipping on her afternoon tea (being British and all) and pondering.
She is "not a good surgery candidate".  I thought, hmmmm, this is a
mechanical issue and maybe surgery would help (even though I am like her
- more interested in holistic, preventative, herbal, et al healing than
slice and dice and drug).  I know, I know most of you will say  "Well I
had a knee that ..... or "my hip ...."  and I did surgery.     So WHAT'S
UP DOCS???  What do you folks think she should do based on this sparse
information?  This is stuff that can/did happen to all of us
involving/not involving the horse world.  I would like to hear your
voices and I will pass the informationon  to this poor soul who is
"e-mailess (ridecamp clueless) in the coyote hills of California."

Thank you very much for any help!

Karen Zelinsky

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]