Used V. Un-used

Linda wrote:

> What has his training been like? (or was it mishandling?  I HATE trying
> to fix other people's mistakes, especially when I don't know exactly
> what happened & the horse can't tell me in so many words.)

I've got one of each - a greenie, Mouse, who's had *nothing*
done with her; and Provo, who'd done a 25 and a 50, who my
friend sold to me when she concluded after a year of owning
him that she didn't want to deal with his previous owners'
mistakes.

(she went on to spend the money I paid her, on a very nice
3 yr old with no-one's bad habits built in).

I've enjoyed working with both horses and both have been
rewarding. But, to be honest, when I'm up on top, I'm still
happier dealing with Provo and his idiosyncracies, than
Mouse who has that built-in green-ness which means she
can blow at any moment for whatever reason (but, OK, a lot
of that is my inexperience at dealing with green horses).

Provo has been a challenge, but, like a greenie, we've
taken it really slow with him, and built up the layers.
He's still by no means perfect, but every little victory
is just that - a victory - and that brings me immense
pleasure. His achievements and steps forward are no less
important than Mouse's.

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse (on her second set of shiney front shoes)
and Provo (proudly supporting all-four feet's worth)

---- Begin included message ----
linda,

if you had the chance to get an unhandled (mostly just un-"messed with") 3 or
4 year old, would you consider something like that? just a VERY hypothetical
question, that's all.

liz
Subj:	 price (and value) of horses