Re: endurance horse prices

<< Just because an
 horse is an Arabian doesn't make him or her an endurance horse, anymore
 than a halter QH will make a cutting or reining horse(or any other
 performance horse for that matter).   >>

Thank you for saying that, Gail.  I find it funny that Arab people I talk to
understand completely why you wouldn't buy an Impressive type QH for cutting,
but don't realize that there is that much difference in Arabian bloodlines,
too.  The halter horses may be pretty to watch for some, but they are not
conformed to do.  Sad--seems that we should change the halter standards and
judge conformation once again, so that the winners are the prettiest of those
capable of doing.  Unfortunately, as our world gets more and more urbanized,
there are more and more folks with no concept of what doing horses look like.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)