Re: Ariats

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, CASEBEER wrote:

> I do have wide feet, and I love my Ariats too.  I've jogged in them,
> and logged many hours leading kids around on ponies in all terrain.
> Never had sore feet or blisters.  They also lasted two years of very
> heavy use.  I tried some others (cheaper) and regretted it.  Will
> never sell out again.

When did you buy your Ariats?  My experience is, when Ariats first came
out (1993) they were cut differently (i.e. for a wider foot) and made
differently (i.e. to last longer).

I have a wide foot and LOVED my first pair of Ariats.  Ran in them, etc.
THey fit perfectly from the first day I bought them. And they lasted me 3
1/2 years, including a Russian winter.

So I bought a second pair.  Had to buy a 1/2 size bigger just to get my
foot in them, had to "break them in" before they were truely comfortable,
and they lasted only 6 months and I had to replace the shoe laces during
those siz months.

The care and use that the boots got were the same (except for the Russian
Winter).

So, no, I won't be buying another pair of Ariats.  THe first pair were a
GREAT boot.  The second pair were ....  not.

kat
Orange County, Calif.