Re: Looking For a Good Horse

Something new to discuss:

I, by no means intend to offend Dabney (as she is a very nice person and
excellent rider), but isn't $1500 for a conditioned, 100 miler prospect
pretty inexpensive? I know lots of people who buy inexpensive horses and
put all the training and conditioning on and HOPE to have a good
endurance horse. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

If I had a conditioned, 100 miler prospect, I sure would think that I
could sell the horse for a whole lot more. Are there regional variances
to price? Those of you who have sold endurance horses, what is the
selling price range? Those of you who bought conditioned horses, what
was your buying price?

Also, open for discussion, I know you don't ride "looks", but I sure
would pay more for a nice looking, pretty horse, considering all things
are equal.

Lauren