Saddle Packs/Bags for English Saddles

I have been using an Ortho-Flex dressage saddle (Premier) for my trail
riding for over 8 years.  It has large knee rolls, a high cantle and a
suede seat...all of which make for a secure seat.  It is comfortable for
long rides with my 900 lb Arab, but not as comfortable with my 1100 lb
Qtr horse.  I think that on the wider horse the knee rolls hold my legs
in a way that causes discomfort after a couple of hours.  My other
saddle is an Ortho-Flex Patriot.  What both saddles have in common is
the billits tie into the saddle body quite low.   The SNUGPAX aren't
designed for this.  What I've done is on each side of the saddle, run
the SNUGPAX cantle bag strap thru the stirrup leather hanger, back thru
a sideD-ring.  (I added D-rings when my saddle was made).  Both of my
saddles have a high cantle and I've found that the SNUGPAX "lip" that is
supposed to fit over the cantle back does not stay put.

I also have the SNUGPAX pommel bag.  This works well to carry up to 2
bottles of water, chap stick, a lite snack, medicine and you can cram in
vet wrap, a folding saw, handkerchief.  I also carry 1 Easy Boot bag and
stuff the cavity of the boot with an emergency blanket, matches,
compass.  I use my map bag for a map and eyeglass case.