Re Colic jitters

Betty,
You have all my sympathy and support,colic is frightenning at the best of
times.
Luckily for me this has only happenned to me twice,once about 6 years ago a
TB mare got colic as usual I was the only person at home,I was also about 8
and half months pregnant at the time,all I knew was that I had to keep the
mare up and walking,inbetwween rushing to the phone to get hold of the vet
and my husband(they were both playing golf)Now a 16 hand Tb is one huge
heavy animal,it was difficult for me who looked like a blouted hippo to
hold her up,but I managed,how I dont know,and then Rob and the vet arrived
gave her banimine injection(which since then I keep a bottle of it at home
at all times)
She was ok.The second time it happenned I lost the mare,one of my best
broodmares as well,this was two months ago,it hurt ,she had twisted gut and
the vet was not available,sheer hell on me and the horse I did what I could
to ease her pain and sat with her until she died,once she went down I could
not get her up again.
Anyway ride your horse slowly am sure she will be fine!
Goodluck
regards
Kathy
http://196.7.177.40/aht/