Re: Panting

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:58:59 EDT, Merryben@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/7/98 8:44:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jlong@mti.net
>writes:

><< The great Morgan gelding Lain panted if the weather was even warm, and
> was known to leave a vet check and return to the trail with a
> respiration rate still over 100 bpm.  He retired fit and sound after
> over 8,000 miles of completions (and many 1st places and BC's).

>Joe you are slipping.  You forgot to mention that Lain was inducted into the
>AERC Hall of Fame.  I didn't think you ever missed a chance to talk about the
>horses you love.....Maryben

Mea culpa!  You are quite right.  I was too focused on explaining
panting (again).  This is one of those questions that comes up every
few months from new folks that didn't see the previous discussions.

But, hey, Kahlil is a panter too and I didn't even mention him! (HoF,
11,475 miles, 49 BC's and more than 50 1st places)  He didn't start
out a panter but learned it as he got more experienced.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net