Re: Panting

In a message dated 9/7/98 7:41:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Leigh331@aol.com
writes:

<< I've seen many
 horses pant, but not when all is well!  >>
Many horses just pant and they are fine.  My mule has panted for 3,000 miles
and the only horse I ever got BC's on panted most of his 1500+ miles.  There
is a big difference between short shallow cool off panting and gasping for air
and thankfully, most of the vets now realize.  Most of the rides I go to now
don't even have respiration criteria....Maryben