Re: Gardnerville Gallop Results

At 07:27 PM 9/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>DW-
>You're going to have to explain the completion award scenario.  When the
first place
>finisher gets a pizza and third place gets a ton of hay, I wonder what
they put on the
>pizza???  Or maybe its one of those pick your own hay??

Haha!  The awards were all given away by drawing and had nothing to do with
order of completion :).  The only requirement is that you had to be there
to receive the prize.  We actually had two tons of hay that we gave
away...and I think a couple of pizza's too! <g>

We do have a new award that I'll bet no other ride has <vbg>.  During the
flash flooding a very unusual *item* washed down the riverbed on Saturday.
Well, Gary Ceragioli (who else?) found this *item* while doing the Ride and
Tie on Sunday and decided to bring it back, wash it up, and use it as the
"Perpetual Ride Trophy".  That means that whoever gets it, has to bring it
back the following year.  This year the *item* was awarded to Janine
Jorzik, who is from Germany and riding one of Jackie Bumgardner's horses.
They each came up (Janine & Jackie) and were asked to close their eyes and
put their hands out while the *item* was placed in their hands.  (brave
women, let me tell you!)  If anybody has a picture of their faces when they
opened their eyes to see a mounted deer head I'll bet you could sell it
from some serious $$.  <vbg>  (you never know what you'll find out on the
trail, huh?)

Happy Trails,

Karen
Gardnerville Gallop