Panting

       I have a 5 yr. old Morgan Gelding that I was hoping to ride in LD rides
this fall . He has plenty of heart and a powerful trot . His pulse comes down
well within the alotted time but he pants. His panting is fast and shallow and
I think it may come from his Roadster type trot but I can't get him to take
deep breaths which would bring him down.
	Any suggestions would be greatly accepted!

Thanks!   Dave