Re: Endurance Breeding

Doug and Sue: Thanks for the info. I'll keep your email address just in case I
need it. I do know of several Sec C and Sec D cobs on the east coast, so I do
have many to choose from. I show my Welsh and Welsh cross ponies in the Welsh
Circuit and this is where the cobs are shown also. I have one Arab/Welsh filly
that is 12.2H at 5 months, I'm wondering if she will be large enough for me. I
don't mind a smaller horse, used to ride her mother who is 14.0H. I'm 5'8" and
do look funny on a horse this small, but she did endurance for several years
without a problem. If fact, I did the First Biltmore 30 on her, this was my
first ride also, we got lost and it took 9.5 hrs to complete the 32 miles!
They were thinking of sending the Civil Air Patrol to look for us! LOL I ended
up miserable, but the little mare was fine. She didn't even appear tired! I do
really like the Welsh/Arab cross and look forward to raising my own endurance
horse. I've raised many of my own riding horses, but not any for endurance
specifically. I'm ready for a long term relationship.