Limited Distance

Hello everyone,
I'm the one with the gelding that threw me and then had trouble healing his
nose.  I am on my 3rd, yes 3rd, set of stitches just to let you know what's
going on with Dar.  My vet and I are being real aggressive with him and she
did overkill with 21 stitches.  I'm not religious but please pray for us.

I really wrote about LD.  Most of my rides are LD and I was always wanting
to do 50s but was never sure I could (mentally).  I finally did one but got
off the beaten path and put in an extra 12 miles or so.  Not good on your
first 50.  I ended up pulling because my mare was "mentally depressed" and
couldn't get her into a trot until she saw another horse.   So for a variety
of reasons (mostly physical because of my body falling apart) I have only
been doing 25 and 30s and after talking with some other LD riders, I have
decided that this really is a nice mileage to ride.  It's not too long, I'm
not very competitive, just like to enjoy the scenery and the friendship of
other riders along the trail and like getting back within a reasonable
amount of time to enjoy a drink, have something to eat, clean up and enjoy
the awards.  What's so wrong with that?  I may go back and do that 50 again
this year to regain my honor though.  Maybe I'll change my mind about 50s
after that.  Hope my body stays together.

Janet Baca