Re: Mare has accepted its foal (kicked)

Arnica is excellent for bruises.  If you can find it in a cream form to apply
topically and also as homeopathic pillules to take internally.  It's really
useful for bruises and broken bones, etc.  Once got kicked while out on the
trail with a friend.  Rode up too close on her mare's heels and I took the
kick on the shin.  It hurt like the dickens.  I immediately dismounted and
grabbed some plantain (don't know the botanical name) and chewed it into a
pulp.  I applied it to my leg and wrapped it in place with a large dock leaf.
The pain quit immediately and the leg never bruised.  Plantain is a real
common pasture plant around here and grows along our trails as well.

Jodi Frediani