Re: Newbie query: why required weight?

Susan,

In what part of the contry was the data collected?  I can believe that
in the drier climets such as the mountain region, SW and West coast that
this would be the case.   For the most part the normal thermoregulation
processes are not impeeded by humidity.

I would like to see the data in the SE and NE regions.  From just
looking around there seems to be a very lopsided proportion of feather
and lightweights in the top 10 of most of our rides.

The other difference between the SE and other regions is for the most
part our rides are flat and the 3 1/2 winning times are really over 50
miles and by gooly horses really do 100 miles in less than 8 hours down
here.

Did you work include the SE region?

Truman

--