AERC vs FEI

"I can't see the rationale behind
rules about weight--except perhaps limiting how
much a horse has to
carry--and that's pretty self-regulating I guess.
Seems really
unsportsmanlike to try to "even" up a competition
in such an arbitrary
way--should we also limit how much training
someone can do in case others
don't have time to train as much?  Forcing weight
on lighter riders seems
akin to saying that short gymnists should have to
compete in high heels so
as to make the competition more fair to taller
athletes...."

Say, this discussion was over FEI weight
requirements at the start...there are NO weight
divisions in FEI, hence the minimum weight....AERC
made weight divisions to give more people more
chances at more awards.  FEI concentrates on an
overall "champion".

While I am at it, how many rides do you go to that
actually give weight division awards?  Most I
attend have top ten, the winner and BC
(completion, too).  So, how necessary is all this?

Teddy