Re: Strongid C

In a message dated 98-09-03 12:31:28 EDT, dowling@skyway.usask.ca writes:

<< I think clinical observations are valuable, but I also think this subject
needs a little more discussion before
 dismissing a good product and a valuable program for horse owners. I have
practiced in Texas, Ohio, North
 Carolina and Alabama, before coming to Canada to teach pharmacology. I have
had great success with Strongid
 C. >>

I have stated over and over again that I do NOT dismiss this product, and in
fact, use it successfully in other horses in my practice.  It is ONLY in
endurance horses that I have encountered problems, and ONLY in endurance
horses that I do not recommend its use. Most endurance horses are managed in
such a way that parasites should not be a major issue anyway, so in my
opinion, this product is not indicated for our endurance horses in the first
place.

Heidi Smith, DVM