Re: Newbie query: why required weight?

Kat:

I must vehemently disagree with you. Weight carried by a horse, especially over
long distances has been proven over and over again to be a MAJOR decided factor in
the outcome of ANY race. The 165 pound rule is only a MINOR attempt to make the
competition fairer for all.  Horse-racing has handicapping...can you imagine the
problems that would cause for us?  Why do you think AERC has weight divisions?

Think about it...

Teddy