Re: adding rider weight

In a message dated 98-09-02 11:33:12 EDT, Teddy@runningbear.com writes:

<< Mike Tomlinson just informed me that the issue of where and how weight is
carried
 is a decision of the ground jury.  I suggest riders who need to carry weight
 contact the ride management concerning this for a particular ride.

 Teddy >>

Since the ground jury does not meet until a few days before the ride, ride
management has no idea how they will rule on such an issue, and is not
necessarily privy to any such decision until the ground jury opts to post it.
In fact, ride management has no say whatsoever in these choices.  Therefore,
it is far better to talk to people who have had experience with how FEI
officialdom works and to come to the ride with multiple solutions to the
problem so that you know that you have a good chance of having at least one
solution be acceptable.

Heidi